From generation to generation, we pass along stories, letters, photo albums, mementos, journals. Our family histories give our lives meaning. Our family histories are also a part of the story of our state, the region, and the country.
The Southern Historical Collection in UNC’s Wilson Library invites you to participate in the African American Family Documentation Initiative. Help us tell all our stories.
- Acquire, preserve and make available archival collections about African American families
- Engage the community through exhibits and programs
- Define the role of family historian and share resources
- Inspire families with how these materials are used by scholars, artists, writers, etc.
- Raise funds to support the archivist position and sustain the Initiative
For more information on the initiative, please contact Chaitra Powell at 919-962-4342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit http://shcchallenge.unc.edu/ to see how how this work is part of a comprehensive effort to preserve African American history and culture.