Carolina Digital Repository Blog

Only entropy comes easy. -Anton Chekhov

A New Curator’s Workbench

with 23 comments

Well, I have finally resolved that last tricky bug in the new version and posted the new ZIP files for download. You can get your brand new 1.2 workbench software here:

A complete list of all the enhancements and fixes is on the GitHub site under the Release 1.2 Milestone. Please finish all current projects *before* you upgrade your workbench. Not all the features added in this release are backward compatible.

This release adds a great deal of flexibility to the crosswalk editor, but at the cost of making it somewhat more complex. The crosswalk editor now requires more familiarity with the output schema, i.e. MODS. The next release will attempt to address this complexity in the interface by providing reusable output templates of some sort.

In crosswalks the output elements now map directly to XML elements and attributes. You can arrange XML elements within each other to any depth you like. This allows you to use compound MODS elements, such as titleInfo and subject, in exactly the way you wish. The editor will prompt you with element and attribute choices, based on the schema and the context element (drop target). This means that when you drop a new XML element inside of a titleInfo, you will be asked if you want the title, subTitle, partName, partNumber, or nonSort sub-element. The same schema-driven behavior applies to XML attributes.

Other features:

• Set default values for crosswalk XML elements and attributes
  • Date makers now support multiple date formats, using the first one to match.
  • ISO8601 date outputs retain only the precision of the format that is recognized.
  • Staging is faster and has better progress bars.
  • Various interface improvements
  • Support for adding access controls within the arrangement
  • Support for linking folders and collections to surrogate images
  • Staging can be disabled and re-enabled on any project
  • More standard save and delete behavior
  • Auto-detection of character encoding for delimited files (in crosswalks)
  • Open, close and delete projects
These features were developed in response to locally needs and priorities. We are using the software in production mode at UNC, while trying to increase the pace and diversity of ingest.

Written by Greg Jansen

August 2nd, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Posted in Uncategorized

23 Responses to 'A New Curator’s Workbench'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'A New Curator’s Workbench'.

1. hanks for the info and input it that I need right now, to me your info is very good and clear, I will wait for the info to his next, and this article is very cool or good -

tai youtube

15 Oct 13 at 4:46 am

2. On later probing, I was told that the gathered hierarchy had approached the whole issue with fear and trembling and had decided that no changes needed to be made.υγραεριοκινηση http://www.lpgas.gr

3. I do not quite understand your post
    You can say clearly is not?

may nen khi puma

25 Oct 13 at 4:43 am

4. Our wander is showcases additionally particularly satisfied that has a essay writer. These sorts of grand record is unquestionably exceptional this can substance review doc e-book, Folks secure is usually a splendid circumstances in conjunction with clarification for which. ometimes recognize will probably be redesigned inside occasion improved refined men in conjunction with women hold up complete uncommon, extra loads where making affiliations required to stay On the net.

essay writer

26 Oct 13 at 9:18 pm

5. I really appreciate this post. I¡¦ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thanks again.Ways to Lose 10 Pounds

6. Thanks for sharing.Topic information very good

may nen khi

6 Nov 13 at 4:51 am

7. To my knowledge their is no information available for tax lien certificates. Yes, if anything is purchased by your representative it will be mailed to them. If you have any more questions concerning this please contact Janet in the Sheriff’s Office. Submitted Find products

Find products

12 Nov 13 at 2:40 am

8. That would definitely be fascinating, though in all probability tough to implement on a voluntary basis. Or even: associate freelance EU budget with for essay reviews click on furiousreviews.com and EU debt, the top conjointly – the nightmare of

9. Very good as well as beneficial data. You will want to create a new e-book relating to this topic top custom writing essay services
    . Pertaining to today’s monetary fluctuation as well as not enough prospects, it really has to be hot topic. Thank you regardless. Good luck.

10. While I support building shared-use paths along BOTH sides of Washington Blvd and have pushed the County and VDOT to study and ensure its feasibility, a shared-use path along the east side is much less feasible and also less useful.Dentista – Cl

Dentista - Cl

25 Nov 13 at 8:30 am

11. The internet is bogged down with bogus blogs with no real message but the post was fantastic and well worth the read.Thank you for sharing this with me.personal history photography

12. Thank you for another essential article.Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a complete way of writing? I have a presentation incoming week, and I am on the lookout for such information.Wholesale phytoceramides

13. Actually This post is exactly what I am interested. we need some more good information. Please add more good information that would help others in such good way.local based marketing

14. I would like to use the word ‘Amazing’ and ‘Awesome’ for the writer of this article. He has given us a whole new level of article writing with this article. I am amazed at the quality of this article. It’s just…I don’t have any words that can describe an article of this great magnitude. Ann Taylor Loft Credit Card

Andrew

9 Feb 14 at 5:09 am

15. It’s a miracle, guys. You have published a miracle here. No jokes about it. I was a great writer in my time, now I just read articles and criticize them. Nothing to criticize here. Work done brilliantly. You will be a great writer in the future, son.

reviews

10 Feb 14 at 1:21 pm

16. This is a very nice post. I know that many people will appreciate this post. Though, they won’t tell.Clearance

Clearance

14 Feb 14 at 10:02 am

17. more in the future so please keep up your work. Michael tors outlets love your content & the way that you write. Digital tickets

Digital tickets

26 Feb 14 at 2:35 am

18. Not a bad article at all this. It has everything that I could’ve asked for. In addition, you have created a lot of suspense also, which is very hard to find in any articles nowadays. So, a HUGE Thumbs Up from my side. Keep it up and do more articles. Nashville TV Show Music

Nashville TV Show Music

1 Mar 14 at 3:16 am

19. I have bookmarked this website it seems very helpful extremely helpful

20. Howdy! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a wonderful job! electronic cigarette australia

21. this is outstanding!!

Airport Taxi

6 Apr 14 at 1:18 pm

22. First of all thanks for share.I like your blog.

23. Topic very good..I sharing…All to be for