Tag Archives: Barrington’s Ferry

12 March 1863: “The Yankees have erected a small earthwork immediately opposite New Berne at a place called Barrington’s Ferry.”

Item description: Entry, dated 12 March 1863, from the diary of Henry King Burgwyn, Jr. More about Henry King Burgwyn, Jr.: Henry King “Harry” Burgwyn, Jr. (1841-1863), known as “The Boy Colonel,” was the oldest son of Henry King Burgwyn … Continue reading

Posted in Southern Historical Collection | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off