Event DateEvent Name
03-14-1881By action of the North Carolina General Assembly, the State Agricultural Experiment Station was ordered to be moved from Chapel Hill to Raleigh. In 1889, control of the station was transferred from the Department of Agriculture to the newly formed North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, which is now known as North Carolina State University.