Event DateEvent Name
06-09-1930Frank Porter Graham, a 1909 graduate of the University, was elected as president. He served in this position until 1932 when he was chosen as president of the Consolidated University of North Carolina, which included the University of North Carolina, North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering in Raleigh, and the Woman's College in Greensboro.
11-14-1930The Carnegie Library building was rededicated and renamed Hill Hall. Originally constructed as the University's library and named for noted philanthropist Andrew Carnegie (who donated $50,000, conditional upon the provision that a similar amount for the library's upkeep and future expansion be available), the building was renamed in honor of John Sprunt Hill, who provided much of the funding for the renovation. The Department of Music moved into the rededicated building and still inhabits it today.