Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for June 29th, 2010

Stone Walls

This ca. 1888 image shows one of the many stiles used to cross over the stone walls surrounding campus. The stone walls were constructed under the direction of Professor Elisha Mitchell in 1838 in an effort to enclose the campus and replace the rail fences currently in place. These walls were constructed in the New […]

Read Full Post »