– NPR discovers the struggle over how to pronounce Lejeune.
– Cache of Outer Banks photos, circa 1900, includes rare shot of Kitty Hawk weather bureau.
– Downtown Wilmington landmark is on the move.
– Score one for preservation: New role planned for outmoded but still handsome Yadkin River bridge, opened in 1924.
– Should a 150-year-old Stokes County country store be allowed to continue its sandwich-making without complying with health department rules? (And if North Carolina had a state cheese, would it be pimiento?)