– Revisionism has its way with the “firsts” of Henry Lawson Wyatt.
– No black soldiers among North Carolina’s Civil War dead? What about Franklin Cuzzens?
– Am I the only one who hadn’t heard of the Cherokees’ enemy-ridiculing Booger Dance? Photos from 1936 include mask made of hornets nest.
– Provocative batch of online responses to “Who Were Southeastern North Carolina’s Most Famous Conjoined Twins?”
– If you’re among those Southern men who never noticed that seersucker was out, you may not be aware that now it’s in. (George Frazier, style columnist for Esquire in the ’60s, insightfully observed that a man in seersucker suit could always get a check cashed.)