Instead of (or in addition to) lamenting the shrunkenness of your Sunday paper, check out these digital destinations:
– Who knew that Charlotte as recently as 1931 was home to a post of the Grand Army of the Republic?
– Harper Lee, Margaret Mitchell, Ralph Ellison… Jim Ross.
– Can’t see the Capitol for the trees? Here’s why.
– Preliminary pruning reduces North Carolina’s Civil War death toll to 36,000 tops.
– “Did German U-boat sailors see a movie in Southport during World War II?”
– Charlotte’s role in Solomon Burke’s “Everybody Needs Somebody to Love.”