- In the Forest of Harm. New York: Bantam Books, 2001.
- A Darker Justice. New York: Bantam Books, 2002.
- Call the Devil by His Oldest Name. New York: Bantam Dell, 2004.
- Legacy of Masks. New York: Bantam Books, 2005.
- Music of Ghosts. Woodbury, MN: Midnight Ink, 2013.
Mary Crow, a half-Cherokee lawyer from the fictional mountain town of Little Jump Off, NC, is an up and coming Assistant District Attorney in Atlanta when this series begins. In each book in the series, Mary finds herself in the Appalachian Mountains dealing with crimes and mysteries, as well as issues from her past, her family, and the community where she grew up. Although all of the books in this series do take place in the Appalachian Mountains, the 3rd book in the series, Call the Devil by His Oldest Name, actually takes place on the Tennessee side of the border.