- Signs in the Blood. New York: Bantam Dell, 2005.
- Art’s Blood. New York: Bantam Dell, 2006.
- Old Wounds. New York: Bantam Dell, 2007.
- In a Dark Season. New York: Dell, 2008.
- Under the Skin. New York: Bantam, 2011.
Elizabeth Goodweather runs a small herb and flower farm in the fictional mountain town of Ridley Branch, N.C. At the opening of the first book in the series, she has recently been widowed and, with both of her children moved away, she feels a little lonely and bored. The boredom quickly vanishes when she’s dragged into a local mystery. In each of the following novels Elizabeth investigates missing persons, stolen items, and murders, all of which relate to the clash of old and new in the North Carolina mountains. Much like her heroine, author Vicki Lane lives on a farm in the North Carolina mountains.