- Friendship Cake. San Francisco, CA: HarperSanFrancisco, 2000.
- Hope Springs. San Francisco, CA: HarperSanFrancisco, 2002.
- Forever Friends. San Francisco, CA: HarperSanFrancisco, 2003.
- Christmas Cake. New York: Avon, 2009.
- Wedding Cake. New York: Avon, 2010.
The hope of becoming part of a “church family” has lured many people to fish fries, church yard sales, Bible study groups, and every manner of church-sponsored fundraisers and events. Beatrice, Charlotte, Jessie, Louise, and Margaret were members of Hope Springs Community Church, but it was creating a church cookbook that brought them together. While sharing their recipes, they shared the story of their lives and they pooled their strenghts. As the series has gone on, they have faced illness, separation, and death, all the while supporting each other and valuing the friendship they share. The author, Lynne Hinton, is a minister; her knowledge of, and affection for, women like Beatrice, Charlotte, Jessie, Louise, and Margaret is evident in all the novels.