- Some Welcome Home. Waterville, ME: Five Star, 2005.
- First Murder in Advent. Waterville, ME: Five Star, 2006.
- Soldier on the Porch. Waterville, ME: Five Star, 2007.
- Missing, Presumed Wed. Detroit, MI: Five Star, 2009.
- Loved Honor More. Detroit, MI: Five Star, 2012.
The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have been in the news in recent years, but the Vietnam War still has its place in the psyche of the generation that came of age in the 1960s and 1970s. This series, set in the 1970s, follows four individuals as they transition from active service into the civilian world. Elizabeth Pepperhawk, an Army nurse, and Avivah Rosen, a former military policewoman are the main characters. Both women struggle with what they saw and did during their years in service, and Elizabeth is burdened with a drinking problem. First at Fort Bragg, and elsewhere in the state in later books, Elizabeth and Avivah, and their friend Benny Kirkpatrick, support each other, confront the demons of their pasts and make new lives, even as they stumble into death and foul deeds. The novels capture the flavor of the era and raise issues that are still with us today.