Miss Julia has always been the model of propriety, but she recently threw caution to the the wind and eloped, marrying Sam Murdoch at an all-night wedding chapel in Pigeon Forge, TN. Upon their return home, she has some difficulties settling into newly-married life, but these difficulties are pushed aside when she learns that her marriage might not be legal. Amidst worrying about whether or not she is living in sin (and how to keep anyone else from finding out), Julia agrees to teach etiquette to Miss S.W.A.T., Miss Detective Squad, and the rest of the Miss Abbot County Sheriff’s Department beauty pageant contestants. Miss Julia’s School of Beauty is the sixth book in the series of novels that focus on Miss Julia and her adventures in the fictional town of Abbotsville.
Check this title’s availability in the UNC Library Catalog.
- Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind. New York: William Morrow, 1999.
- Miss Julia Takes Over. New York: Viking, 2001.
- Miss Julia Throws a Wedding. New York: Viking, 2002.
- Miss Julia Hits the Road. New York: Viking, 2003.
- Miss Julia Meets Her Match. New York: Viking, 2004.
- Miss Julia’s School of Beauty. New York: Viking, 2005.
- Miss Julia Stands Her Ground. New York: Viking, 2006.
- Miss Julia Strikes Back. New York: Viking, 2007.
- Miss Julia Paints the Town. New York: Viking, 2008.
- Miss Julia Delivers the Goods. New York: Viking, 2009.
- Miss Julia Renews Her Vows. New York: Viking, 2010
- Miss Julia Rocks the Cradle. New York: Viking, 2011.
- Miss Julia to the Rescue. New York: Viking, 2012.
- Miss Julia Stirs Up Trouble. New York: Viking, 2013
“Miss Julia” is Mrs. Wesley Lloyd Springer (later Mrs. Sam Murdock) of Abbotsville, N.C., a fictional small town probably based on Hendersonville. Miss Julia is a proper Southern lady with a fierce independent streak who does not hesitate to speak her mind. Each book finds Miss Julia embroiled in some new scandal or adventure and reveals, in the interactions between her and the colorful residents of the town, the warm-hearted kindness underneath Miss Julia’s feisty exterior.