Perspectives on open access will be the topic of a panel discussion Monday, Oct. 19, 2009, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. The free public panel will take place in room 214, Davis Library.
Panelists will be:
- James Boyle, William Neal Reynolds Professor of Law at Duke University
- Phil Edwards, Instructor, UNC School of Information and Library Science
- Kate McGraw, Librarian, UNC Health Sciences Library
- Kevin Smith, Scholarly Communications Officer, Duke University Library
The panel is part of UNC’s contribution to the first international Open Access Week, Oct. 19-23.
For questions about the panel or Open Access Week, contact Emily King, co-chair, Library Scholarly Communication Committee.
- Open Access Week
- View James Boyle lecture: “The Crime of the (20th) Century: How we threw away our cultural heritage for no good reason (and whether Google Books will bring it back),” at UNC, Oct. 13, 2009