William P. Cumming Map Society Program
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Wilson Special Collections Library
9:30 a.m. Coffee
10 a.m. Program
Free and open to the public
RSVP requested: Bob Anthony, North Carolina Collection, Wilson Library, (919) 962-1172
The program will begin at 10 a.m., following coffee at 9:30. On the agenda will be presentations about:
- The North Carolina Gazetteer – Michael Hill, Research Supervisor at the North Carolina Office of Archives & History in Raleigh, will speak about the newly published 2nd edition of the Gazetteer, for which he served as co-author.
- North Carolina Maps Project – Nick Graham and John Blythe will speak about the completion of this online library of more than 3,200 historic maps of North Carolina. Graham managed the maps project and is currently Coordinator of the North Carolina Digital Heritage Center, based at the UNC Library. Blythe is Special Projects and Outreach Coordinator for the North Carolina Collection at UNC.
- See the World Through My Eyes: Travel Narratives from the Rare Book Collection – An opportunity to preview this new exhibit in the Melba Remig Saltarelli Exhibit Room in Wilson Library
The program is free. Members of the public who wish to attend are encouraged to reserve a space by contacting Bob Anthony, Curator of the North Carolina Collection, at (919) 962-1172 or email@example.com.
- William P. Cumming Map Society
- North Carolina Gazetteer, 2nd ed. (information from UNC Press)
- North Carolina Maps digital library