Science Library Open House
Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2010
4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Kenan Science Library, Venable Hall (ground level, next to courtyard)
Free and open to the public
Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, (919) 962-1188
The staff of the William R. Kenan Jr. Science Library invite you to an open house on Tuesday, Oct. 12, from 4 to 5 p.m., to celebrate the library’s new home and new name.
Library staff will be on hand to greet visitors and to highlight features of the new facility, including:
- Seventy-seven seats for study and research;
- Five group study rooms, with a total capacity of twenty people;
- A 40-inch display screen for molecule visualization in one of the study rooms;
- A collaboratory with seven computers equipped with scientific software;
- An “intelligent classroom” for library and departmental instruction.
The Kenan Science Library is part of the rebuilt Venable Hall, which will be dedicated on Oct. 12, University Day. The library open house will immediately follow the dedication ceremony.
The library was formerly the Kenan Chemistry Library. It has been renamed to better represent the purpose of the library and its services, and to emphasize the growing multidisciplinary nature of the sciences at Carolina. The Kenan Science Library will also be the home for development of e-science collections and services at UNC. E-science refers to computationally intensive investigations using extremely large data sets.
For information about the Kenan Science Library or the open house, contact the library by email or at (919) 962-1188.