Update, May 28, 2012: The sprinkler installation project is nearly complete. All Wilson Library special collections materials are now accessible. Read more.
If you expect to need General Manuscripts, Southern Historical Collection, or Southern Folklife Collection materials in November, December, or January, please contact Wilson Library immediately. Staff will make every effort to set needed materials aside, within limits of the following schedule:
- Now through approximately mid-December: Nearly all University Archives materials will continue to be inaccessible, along with significant portions of General Manuscripts, Southern Historical Collection, and Southern Folklife Collection materials.
- Beginning November 7: Nearly all General Manuscripts, Southern Historical Collection, and Southern Folklife Collection materials will be entirely inaccessible for approximately eight to ten weeks.
In 2012, sprinkler installation will affect North Carolina Collection and Rare Book Collection stacks. Users who will need materials from these collections in 2012 should contact Wilson Library as soon as possible.
As additional closure information becomes available, it will be posted to the sprinkler project information page.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Wilson Library contact information
- Sprinkler project information page
- Online request form (for materials affected by the sprinkler project)
- Sprinkler Installation to Limit Wilson Library Special Collections Access in 2011-12 (news announcement, April 2011)