Wednesday, Apr. 25, 2012
2:30 p.m. Gallery Talk | Davis Library Gallery
3:00 p.m. Libraries and Buildings Tour | Campus (Meet in the Davis Library Gallery)
Information: Liza Terll, Friends of the Library, (919) 548-1203
The history and architecture of UNC buildings and libraries will be the focus of two library events on April 25.
- 2:30 p.m. – Gallery talk for the exhibit Knowledge Building(s): The Libraries at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Exhibit curator Jennie Rose Halperin will discuss the history of the libraries highlighted in the exhibit. Student Jon O’Neill will also discuss his photographs that are part of the exhibit.
- 3 p.m. – Walking tour of significant campus buildings
Librarian Will Owen will lead a campus tour with visits to libraries and other buildings featured in A Dialogue Between Old and New: Notable Buildings on the UNC Campus on exhibit in Wilson Library. Meet in the Davis Library Gallery.
Halperin is a graduate student at UNC’s School of Information and Library Science. Owen is Associate University Librarian for Technical Services and Systems.
The talk and tour are free and open to the public. They are sponsored by the North Carolina Collection and University Archives and Records Management Services.
The exhibits Knowledge Building(s) and A Dialogue Between Old and New will be on view through May 31, 2012.
- History of UNC Buildings and Libraries in Pair of Exhibits
- Two exhibits reveal campus buildings as an integral part of the Carolina story (University Gazette)
- If these walls could talk: historical trivia about Carolina buildings (University Gazette)