Update: This year’s total:
2,650 2,870 books. Thank you, everyone!
For the fourth consecutive year, UNC’s libraries are partnering with campus departments to collect children’s books for the Book Fairy, an organization that donates books to the Pediatric Oncology Clinic at UNC Hospitals.
The drive will run Nov. 2 through Dec. 6, 2012. All new or gently-used books for ages one through mid-teen are welcome. The need is especially great for English and Spanish-language board books, the sturdy picture books made for young children. Also needed are books featuring children and families of many cultures.
The Bull’s Head Bookshop will offer a 25 percent discount on children’s books purchased for donation to the book drive. At the time of purchase simply mention the phrase “Book Fairy” to the staff.
Campus drop-off locations
- Davis Library lobby
- Undergraduate Library lobby
- Wilson Library lobby
- Health Sciences Library, 1st floor lobby
- Law Library
- School of Information and Library Science, Manning Hall lobby
- School of Education, Peabody Hall, Student Affairs Office lobby, 1st floor
- School of Social Work, Tate-Turner-Kuralt Building lobby
- FedEx Global Education Center, Peacock Atrium
- N.C. Memorial Hospital, Cashier, ground floor
The book drive is sponsored by the University Libraries Diversity Committee, the Health Sciences Library, the Law Library, the School of Information and Library Science, the School of Education, the School of Social Work, the FedEx Global Education Center, and the UNC Hospitals.
- The Book Fairy website
- List of suggested titles
- Library Launches Third Book Drive for Pediatric Cancer Patients