UNC students, faculty, and staff with tablet computers can now create a virtual newsstand of online journals from the collections of the UNC Libraries.
The Library is making available the BrowZine app free of charge to UNC patrons. It allows users to view many UNC journals in a customizable bookshelf display. You can select your favorite titles or general subject areas to browse, read, and monitor.
In addition to convenient display and reading, BrowZine allows users to:
- Email articles in one step;
- Download articles for offline reading;
- Send articles to RefWorks, Zotero, or Mendeley;
- Open most articles in other apps such as iAnnotate and DropBox;
- Share journal citations and comments via social media.
Versions are available for all iPads, Android tablets with OS v4.0+, and Kindle Fire HD tablets.
UNC’s one-year trial of BrowZine is funded by the Friends of the Health Sciences Library. The Libraries would appreciate your feedback about BrowZine.