Need a way to keep perspective during exam week? Come build a gingerbread house or cuddle up with a therapy dog at one of UNC’s libraries.
Campus libraries will offer special exam-time diversions to lower your stress level. Extended hours will help you prepare for even the toughest final. Davis Library will stay open until 2 a.m. on most nights, and the Undergraduate Library will add additional overnight hours.
Below is the full schedule of special exam activities for Fall 2013. Good luck with finals, everyone!
Thursday, December 5
- Therapy dogs: 11:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m., Park Library, 268 Carroll Hall (more information)
- Therapy dogs: 2 – 3 p.m., Information and Library Science Library, Manning Hall
- Winter Stories for children of all ages: 5 pm, Wilson Library, Pleasants Family Assembly Room
- Free coffee: 6 – 9:30 p.m., Music Library; 10 p.m. – midnight, Undergraduate Library
Friday, December 6
Sunday, December 8
- Cookies and cider: 2 – 10 p.m., Sloane Art Library
Monday, December 9
- Gingerbread house making: 8 – 10 p.m., 205 Undergraduate Library*
Wednesday, December 11
- Therapy dogs: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 1 – 2 p.m., Health Sciences Library
- An exhibit on therapy, service, emotional support and search and rescue dogs will be on display at the Health Sciences Library beginning the first week of December.
- Therapy dogs: 11:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. Park Library, 268 Carroll Hall (more information)
- Meditation session with aromatherapy: 8 – 10 p.m., 205 Undergraduate Library*
* Denotes an official “Week of Balance” event, sponsored by the R.B. House Undergraduate Library and UNC student group Live Well.