Banned book trading cards have returned to UNC’s libraries!
Banned Books Week is an annual, national celebration of your freedom to read. Chapel Hill Public Library, in partnership with the Division of Cultural Arts, celebrates by asking local artists to create original works of art inspired by a banned book or author whose work has been challenged.
Each piece represents the ongoing struggle for intellectual freedom and the dangers of censorship. Seven works are printed as trading cards that we give to the public during Banned Books Week.
Pick up your free card sets beginning Monday or Tuesday in the following campus libraries:
- Davis Library (service desk)
- Sloane Art Library (102 Hanes Art Center)
- Information and Library Science Library
- Park Library (School of Media and Journalism)
- Stone Center Library for Black Culture and History
- Undergraduate Library