Last month, as NPR’s Carl Kasell visited campus, we were excited to welcome him to Wilson Library for a tour. Graduate assistants Kate Ceronie and Jennifer Coggins, who did research for the event and put together an exhibit for the reception that evening, gave Kasell a preview of the exhibit and chose additional materials for viewing in the Grand Reading Room of Wilson Library. He viewed photos of the early days of WUNC, letters from WUNC listeners, scripts from the American Adventure radio series for which he was an announcer, a yearbook from his sophomore year, scripts of advertisements he and Charles Kuralt recorded as students, and more. Enjoy the photos below of Kasell’s visit, taken by Mark Perry.
For the Record is managed by the UNC University Archives, located in Wilson Special Collections Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- A New Addition of Athletics Photographs from the 1960s and 1970s
- Order of the Golden Fleece: Frank Porter Graham Lecture on Excellence Speakers
- April 1968: Carolina Reacts to the Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Carolina Gay Association Southeastern Conference, 1976
- Collecting a Snapshot of #SilenceSam
- Please note that representatives of North Carolina state government communicate via this website. Consequently any communication via this site (whether by a state employee or the general public) may be subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties. This site uses Google Analytics to track site use.