For the Record is managed by the UNC University Archives, located in Wilson Special Collections Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- A New Addition of Athletics Photographs from the 1960s and 1970s
- Order of the Golden Fleece: Frank Porter Graham Lecture on Excellence Speakers
- April 1968: Carolina Reacts to the Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Carolina Gay Association Southeastern Conference, 1976
- Collecting a Snapshot of #SilenceSam
- Please note that representatives of North Carolina state government communicate via this website. Consequently any communication via this site (whether by a state employee or the general public) may be subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties. This site uses Google Analytics to track site use.
Author Archives: Meg Tuomala, Electronic Records Archivist
Today are hearts are heavy as we bid adieu to Records Services Archivist extraordinaire, the one-and-only, Lawrence Giffin. Lawrence joined UARMS staff in 2011 and for the past two and a half years has led the records management services program … Continue reading
Last week, Electronic Records Archivist Meg Tuomala participated in a virtual discussion about the National Archives and Records Administration’s (NARA) Capstone Email Initiative, which gives guidance on a new way for federal agencies to manage email records. The discussion was … Continue reading
Join University Archives staff tomorrow, Friday Nov. 8th, as we watch the class of 1988’s time capsule be unearthed after 25 years underground. Digging begins on Polk Place (near South Building) at 1 pm. We wonder what will be inside… … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, we posted about UARMS’ web archiving program and the work we’re doing to collect and preserve University websites. As archivists, we see websites as important documents that are a fundamental part of today’s culture. Many websites … Continue reading
Retiring UNC faculty are invited to attend Preserving Your Intellectual Legacy at UNC: An Information Session for Faculty and Staff Nearing Retirement tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013. More info can be found here. If you are interested in this topic … Continue reading
Recently UNC Libraries launched a new, redesigned website. As any archivist should, we took this opportunity to look at some of the older, somewhat outdated content of the previous website and flag materials for archiving. Amongst other items, we decided … Continue reading
This Friday will be the first day of Summer, and after the past few hot and sticky days we’ve had here in Chapel Hill I thought we could all use some icy imagery to help us stay cool… This image, … Continue reading
This past week UARMS said farewell to University Archivist, Jay Gaidmore. Jay has accepted a position at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, VA as head of the Special Collections Research Center at the Earl Gregg Swem … Continue reading