WelcomeThanks for visiting University Archives and Records Management Services' blog. We hope you'll join our conversation and choose to subscribe below.
- Please note that representatives of North Carolina state government communicate via this website. Consequently any communication via this site (whether by a state employee or the general public) may be subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties. This site uses Google Analytics to track site use.
- Delivering the Bicentennial: Postal Commemorations of UNC’s 200th
- Recent and Upcoming Conferences
- Farewell to Records Services Archivist, Lawrence Giffin
- A Sudden Ending and a New Beginning: The Assasination of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Birth of UNC’s Black Student Movement
- “I don’t know what he means unless it was the bell ringing or the fireball.”
- Born-Digital and Electronic Records (13)
- Caption This! (6)
- Events (21)
- Exhibits (6)
- Faculty Papers (1)
- Fraternities and Sororities (4)
- From the Archives (36)
- New and Noteworthy (31)
- Records Management (17)
- Student Life and Student Organizations (29)
- Tips (7)
- Uncategorized (4)
- University Archives (87)
- University History (85)
UNC Library Links
TagsAfrican-American history archive-it askarchivists Bill Friday Black Student Movement born digital caption contest caption this! carl kasell Carolina Digital Repository CDR Di-Phi Dialectic Society dorms electronic records events Facebook faculty Finding aids history Lawrence Giffin Louis Round Wilson new news outreach Philanthropic Society photos preserving history questions records management School of Medicine Sexuality and Gender Alliance student life student organizations students UNC UNC Athletics UNC football University Archives web archiving website website archiving websites Wilson Library WUNC
Category Archives: Uncategorized
We started archiving websites in January 2013 through Archive-It, and now there is a finding aid for our harvested websites. Our web archives are constantly growing, and we are working on expanding our archiving to YouTube and social media. We … Continue reading
This year the Order of the Golden Fleece celebrates its 110th anniversary, and University Archives is recognizing this milestone with an exhibit tracing the history and influence of the society on campus. The Order, UNC’s oldest honor society, was founded … Continue reading
University Archives is excited to be contributing to Wilson Library’s new tumblr page, which features materials from all of UNC’s Special Collections. Check out the tumblr here, and be sure to follow us!
Stop by Wilson Library this Saturday before the Homecoming game against UVA where we’ll be showing off some of our UNC football memorabilia and screening Gridiron Glory, a collection of film clips from 1934–1985 narrated by the inimitable Woody Durham.