For the Record is managed by the UNC University Archives, located in Wilson Special Collections Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Archival Photo Mystery: Buncombe County Military Recruits, 1916-1917
- Slave Labor and South Building
- The Names of the Enslaved People who Built the University of North Carolina
- A New Addition of Athletics Photographs from the 1960s and 1970s
- Order of the Golden Fleece: Frank Porter Graham Lecture on Excellence Speakers
- Please note that representatives of North Carolina state government communicate via this website. Consequently any communication via this site (whether by a state employee or the general public) may be subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties. This site uses Google Analytics to track site use.
Tag Archives: archive-it
The UNC Libraries started a web archiving project in January 2013 (read more about that here), but the Internet Archive has been saving websites for much, much longer. In fact, they have saved over 366 BILLION web pages since 1996, … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, we posted about UARMS’ web archiving program and the work we’re doing to collect and preserve University websites. As archivists, we see websites as important documents that are a fundamental part of today’s culture. Many websites … Continue reading