WelcomeThanks for visiting University Archives and Records Management Services' blog. We hope you'll join our conversation and choose to subscribe below.
- Please note that representatives of North Carolina state government communicate via this website. Consequently any communication via this site (whether by a state employee or the general public) may be subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties. This site uses Google Analytics to track site use.
- Recent and Upcoming Conferences
- Farewell to Records Services Archivist, Lawrence Giffin
- A Sudden Ending and a New Beginning: The Assasination of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Birth of UNC’s Black Student Movement
- “I don’t know what he means unless it was the bell ringing or the fireball.”
- Caption Contest Winner!
- Born-Digital and Electronic Records (13)
- Caption This! (6)
- Events (21)
- Exhibits (6)
- Faculty Papers (1)
- Fraternities and Sororities (4)
- From the Archives (35)
- New and Noteworthy (31)
- Records Management (17)
- Student Life and Student Organizations (29)
- Tips (7)
- Uncategorized (4)
- University Archives (86)
- University History (84)
UNC Library Links
TagsAfrican-American history archive-it askarchivists Bill Friday Black Student Movement born digital caption contest caption this! carl kasell Carolina Digital Repository CDR Di-Phi Dialectic Society dorms electronic records events Facebook faculty Finding aids history Lawrence Giffin Louis Round Wilson new news outreach Philanthropic Society photos preserving history questions records management School of Medicine Sexuality and Gender Alliance student life student organizations students UNC UNC Athletics UNC football University Archives web archiving website website archiving websites Wilson Library WUNC
Tag Archives: events
There have been two recent conferences in our area recently and another is coming soon. The annual Librarians’ Association of UNC (LAUNC-CH) conference took place Monday, March 10th at the Friday Center. If you missed out on the conference, you … Continue reading
Over the past year and a half, UNC Chapel Hill’s University Archives has actively pursued student groups in an effort to better represent the history of student life. However, there are a lot of student groups to choose from on … Continue reading
Retiring UNC faculty are invited to attend Preserving Your Intellectual Legacy at UNC: An Information Session for Faculty and Staff Nearing Retirement tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013. More info can be found here. If you are interested in this topic … Continue reading
Two new exhibits featuring University Archives materials are on display in the North Carolina Collection Gallery and the Davis Library Gallery starting this week!
Ever wonder what library rules were like in 1799, soon after the founding of the University of North Carolina library? In this gem of an entry from the General Faculty and Faculty Council Records, the Board of Trustees write the … Continue reading
June 9th is Ask Archivists Day on Twitter. By tweeting questions to @AskArchivists or using the #AskArchivists hashtag you can get all sorts of questions answered by archivists around the globe. So ask away! But remember that University Archives staff … Continue reading