For the Record is managed by the UNC University Archives, located in Wilson Special Collections Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- A New Addition of Athletics Photographs from the 1960s and 1970s
- Order of the Golden Fleece: Frank Porter Graham Lecture on Excellence Speakers
- April 1968: Carolina Reacts to the Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Carolina Gay Association Southeastern Conference, 1976
- Collecting a Snapshot of #SilenceSam
- Please note that representatives of North Carolina state government communicate via this website. Consequently any communication via this site (whether by a state employee or the general public) may be subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties. This site uses Google Analytics to track site use.
Tag Archives: events
Trekkies unite! 41 years ago today, William Shatner, a.k.a. Captain Kirk, spoke at Memorial Hall, where he gave a performance about the history of science-fiction. However, the Enterprise captain experienced less-than-smooth sailing in Memorial Hall on November 4, 1976. The Daily Tar … Continue reading
This weekend, many alumni and their families will return to campus for Homecoming, but for the sisters of Phi Mu’s Gamma Lambda chapter it will be an especially exciting occasion. The chapter is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a weekend … Continue reading
There have been two recent conferences in our area recently, and another is coming soon. The annual Librarians’ Association of UNC (LAUNC-CH) conference took place Monday, March 10th at the Friday Center. If you missed out on the conference, you … Continue reading
Over the past year and a half, UNC Chapel Hill’s University Archives has actively pursued student groups in an effort to better represent the history of student life. However, there are a lot of student groups to choose from on … Continue reading
Retiring UNC faculty are invited to attend Preserving Your Intellectual Legacy at UNC: An Information Session for Faculty and Staff Nearing Retirement tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013. More info can be found here. If you are interested in this topic … Continue reading
Two new exhibits featuring University Archives materials are on display in the North Carolina Collection Gallery and the Davis Library Gallery starting this week!
Ever wonder what library rules were like in 1799, soon after the founding of the University of North Carolina library? In this gem of an entry from the General Faculty and Faculty Council Records, the Board of Trustees write the … Continue reading
June 9th is Ask Archivists Day on Twitter. By tweeting questions to @AskArchivists or using the #AskArchivists hashtag you can get all sorts of questions answered by archivists around the globe. So ask away! But remember that University Archives staff … Continue reading