For the Record is managed by the UNC University Archives, located in Wilson Special Collections Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- A New Addition of Athletics Photographs from the 1960s and 1970s
- Order of the Golden Fleece: Frank Porter Graham Lecture on Excellence Speakers
- April 1968: Carolina Reacts to the Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Carolina Gay Association Southeastern Conference, 1976
- Collecting a Snapshot of #SilenceSam
- Please note that representatives of North Carolina state government communicate via this website. Consequently any communication via this site (whether by a state employee or the general public) may be subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties. This site uses Google Analytics to track site use.
Tag Archives: web archiving
From time to time the University Archives finds copies of departmental websites stored on CDs or DVDs as directories of html and other associated files. These websites are usually no longer available on the web. When we receive CD/DVDs from … Continue reading
The UNC Libraries started a web archiving project in January 2013 (read more about that here), but the Internet Archive has been saving websites for much, much longer. In fact, they have saved over 366 BILLION web pages since 1996, … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, we posted about UARMS’ web archiving program and the work we’re doing to collect and preserve University websites. As archivists, we see websites as important documents that are a fundamental part of today’s culture. Many websites … Continue reading