Using Single-Use Links
What is a Single-Use Link?
A single-use link can be used to download a specific file in the CDR. It must be generated by the owner of the work or their proxy and can only be accessed one time before it expires. Single-use links are typically used to grant download access to a restricted file and cannot be used to grant access to a work in its entirety. If you would like to grant someone full access to your private work, see the instructions for Sharing a Private Work.
Please note that single-use links will expire if they have not been used within 24 hours.
How do I Get a Single-Use Link?
- Login to the CDR and click on the “Dashboard” link in the upper right of the page.
- Click the “Works” link in the left menu. You will see a list of all the works that you have deposited.
- Navigate to the work that contains the file for which you’d like to generate a single-use link.
- Scroll down to the “Items” section of the page and click on the name of the file for which you’d like to generate a link.
- On the left side of the File Details page, below the image thumbnail, click the “Create Single-Use Link” button.
- A notification about the link will appear below the social media links. Click the “Copy” button to copy the link.
Watch the video below for a walkthrough!