AboutHistory on the Hill is a hub of resources for learning about the history of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
This Day In History
- 2015 The Board of Trustees voted to change the name of Saunders Hall to Carolina Hall. At the same meeting, they imposed a 16 year moratorium on any additional renaming.
UNC History Online
Digital North Carolina, the blog of the North Carolina Digital Heritage Center.
For the Record, the blog of the University Archives and Records Management Services.
News and Events, the news blog of UNC Library.
North Carolina Miscellany, the blog of the North Carolina Collection.
Southern Sources, the blog of the Southern Historical Collection.
A View to Hugh, a blog of the North Carolina Collection Photographic Archives.
Monthly Archives: June 2019
James Kern Kyser, better known as Kay Kyser, the “Ol’ Professor” of the popular radio program of the late 1930s and 40s, the “Kollege of Musical Knowledge,” retired and returned to his alma mater UNC-Chapel Hill in 1951 and started … Continue reading → Continue reading