Event DateEvent Name
05-04-1990McGavran-Greenberg Hall, which houses the Public Health and Environmental Sciences Center, and the adjacent Herman G. Baity Environmental Laboratory were dedicated.
09-13-1990The William B. Aycock Family Medicine Building (later Center) was formally dedicated. The structure's namesake served as chancellor from 1957 to 1964.
10-26-1990A groundbreaking ceremony was held for the Thurston Building, which is named for Doc J. Thurston, Jr., a 1932 cum laude graduate of the School of Engineering at the University. The building houses the Thurston Arthritis Research Center and several other health-related departments.
11-16-1990A groundbreaking ceremony was held for the Bowles Building. Named in honor of Hargrove "Skipper" Bowles Jr., the structure houses the Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies.