1. True or false: When the sun rises in Murphy in the state’s westernmost corner, it has already been up more than half an hour in Manteo on the coast.
2. Who spoke these words at Duke University in 1979?
“If you understood what communism was, you would hope and pray on your knees that we would someday be communist.
I am a socialist, I think that we should strive toward a socialist society — all the way to communism.”
3. Serial bomber Eric Robert Rudolph was a student for two semesters at what N.C. university?
4. Jack Johnson, heavyweight boxing champion and Dr. Charles Drew, father of the blood bank — what cause of death did these two black men share?
5. The likeness of what influential financial figure appears as a banker in one of the bronze sculptures on The Square in Charlotte?
2. Jane Fonda.
3. Western Carolina University, 1985-86.
4. Both died in car crashes on N.C. highways.
5. Former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan.