- The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love. New York: St. Martins Press, 2000.
- The Gardens of Covington. New York: St. Martins Press, 2001.
- From the Heart of Covington. New York: St. Martins Press, 2002.
- The Spirit of Covington. New York: Atria, 2003.
- At Home in Covington. New York: Atria, 2004.
- Two Days after the Wedding. New York: Pocket Books, 2006
- An Unexpected Family. New York: Pocket Books, 2007.
- Promises of Change. New York: Pocket Books, 2009.
- A Blue and Gray Christmas. New York: Pocket Books, 2009.
Grace Singleton, Hannah Parrish, and Amelia Declose, described as women “of a certain age,” were finding life a little listless in the Pennsylvania boardinghouse where they lived. When one of them inherited a run-down farmhouse in Covington, N.C., the three women jumped at the chance for change and adventure. In each of the novels the women explore the lively town of Covington while they battle illness, welcome their children and other visitors, and meet the challenges of caring for a rambling old house. Covington is a fictional town in the North Carolina mountains, not far from Mars Hill.