This Monday, we celebrate the life and legacy of a seminal figure of the U.S. Civil Rights Movement, a tireless champion of nonviolence and social justice whose efforts made him – at age 35 – the youngest recipient of a Nobel Peace Prize (1964).
If UNC’s MLK Jr Birthday Celebration activities next week leave you curious for further information, be sure to check out some of the holdings here at The Stone Center Library
- Stride toward freedom : the Montgomery story / by Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Where do we go from here : chaos or community? / by Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The Martin Luther King, Jr., encyclopedia / by Clayborne Carson … [et al.]
- In the spirit of Martin : the living legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. / created and developed by Gary Miles Chassman.
- Becoming King : Martin Luther King, Jr. and the making of a national leader / by Troy Jackson
- The words of Martin Luther King, Jr / selected by Coretta Scott King.
- King’s dream / by Eric J. Sundquist.
- What would Martin say? / by Clarence B. Jones and Joel Engel.
- I may not get there with you : the true Martin Luther King, Jr. / by Michael Eric Dyson.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. : nonviolent strategies and tactics for social change / by John J. Ansbro
Questions? Contact us! You can also find us on chat – our buddy name is: StonecenterRef. Happy reading, and stay warm! 🙂