For the Record is managed by the UNC University Archives, located in Wilson Special Collections Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Please note that representatives of North Carolina state government communicate via this website. Consequently any communication via this site (whether by a state employee or the general public) may be subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties. This site uses Google Analytics to track site use.
Tag Archives: Old West
On the night of August 13, 1850, Charles Phillips, then a tutor of mathematics, heard “loud vociferations, high words, as of persons quarrelling, and other noises” coming from Old West (then known as West Building). As he went to investigate … Continue reading
On this day in 1822, the cornerstone of Old West was laid. The building was finished and in use by July of 1823. In 1848, additions were made to both Old West and Old East to accommodate the debating societies. Both the original Old West … Continue reading