CDR Technical Development and Collaboration
The Carolina Digital Repository (CDR) is built on Samvera Hyrax, an open source repository framework.
The Hyrax-based platform launch on June 5, 2019 and is a collaboration between the following UNC Libraries departments:
- Software Development Department
- Repository Services Department
- Linked Data Strategy and Services
- Infrastructure Management Services Department
- Scholarly Communication Department
Prior to Samvera Hyrax, the CDR was built on a custom Fedora platform, which is still in use as the Digital Collections Repository.