3 thoughts on “GB Bushy Cook”

1. Bushy Cook was my Great Uncle. My Grandmother was his Sister. Uncle Bushy is all I ever knew him as. Growing up all his hair and beard scared all of us children. I remember after he had his hair cut and shaved. I was surprised to see he looked just like his Brother Bob Cook. In Cramerton NC is Cooks lake. I grew up going to the Lake. In Mebane NC a Road named after my Great Uncle Bushy. He was a intelligent man. They are so many more things about him than just his hair and beard. He would not cut his hair or shave in Protest of the War. He said he would not cut his hair or shave until his 2 sons made it home from the War. By the time they came home from the War he was already well know for keeper of Ramsey the mascot. Years later he had one of his children cut his hair and shave him….

2. My father said that one time he was going to visit a girl and his Uncle George offered to drop him off at her house. My father was not excited about this, but he accepted the offer. When he arrived Uncle Bush decided to talk the girl and her family for a few minutes. Eventually, he and my father left. The family had a lot of questions for my father on his next visit.

3. I only recall meeting my great uncle Bushy Cook once. We were driving to the beach from the mountains and my father suggested we stop to visit his uncle Bushy, and so we did. I am glad we did but my brothers wouldn’t get out of the car..