A. Open Access Submissions: Submit your articles and supplemental materials by using the Open Access Carolina form.
Faculty, their delegates and other members of the UNC scholarly community may use this form. For help, see the instructions below.
B. Thesis & Masters Papers: Submit your work with the relevant form, listed below. Students should contact their department for further information regarding submission.
Art MFA Thesis Submission Form
Honors Thesis Deposit Form
SILS Masters Paper Deposit Form
Gillings SPH ESE Technical Report Submission Form
Gillings SPH HB Capstone Submission Form
Gillings SPH MCH Master’s Paper Submission Form
Gillings SPH PHLP Master’s Paper Submission Form
Gillings SPH Nutrition Master’s Paper Submission Form
C. Other materials: CDR staff will work with you to deposit your materials and associated descriptive information.
- If you are affiliated with UNC and have eligible content, fill out our contact form.
- We will contact you to learn more about your content to determine appropriateness.
- Once approved, you will sign a deposit agreement and we will work with you to obtain your files.
- We will notify you when your files are successfully uploaded into the CDR and provide you with a URL to your files.
In some cases, you may have a collection of materials to deposit, such as a group of notes and papers produced by a particular project. Collections of digital materials should be well-organized and consistently described prior to deposit. See the instructions on preparing a collection for the CDR.
Depositing Material with the Open Access Form
- Enter a co-author, if applicable
- Use the “Add Another” button for additional co-authors.
- Publication Date
- Multiple date formats accepted (e.g. Fall 2014, 2014-11-23)
- Separate multiple keywords with commas
- Pre-print: original version of a paper that has not yet undergone peer review
- Post-print: version of a paper that has undergone peer review but has not yet been published
- Publisher: published version of a paper
- If your material requires an embargo, enter the date in the specified field
- Unless otherwise specified, your article will be made public immediately upon submission
- There is a file size limit of 500MB per submission (including supplemental files)
- File names will display for supplemental files
- If you have files larger than 500MB, or would like to upload more than 3 supplemental files, please contact us
- If you would like to have your deposit receipt emailed to you or another person (i.e. if you are depositing on someone’s behalf), enter the email address in the specified field
- After depositing your work, you will be emailed a deposit receipt. If you should find a mistake in your deposit, please contact us
Viewing your submission
- When your work is published, you will receive an email notification with a link to your work.
- Usually submissions are available within minutes, but this can taking longer depending on the number of deposits in the queue