“The Palms restaurant at 305 E. Chapel Hill Street was an institution in Durham from about 1920 until it closed in 1983. An early proprietor of the establishment was Norman O. Reeves, who served ‘sizzling steaks’ and claimed ‘We never close.’
“The Palms was frequented by downtown employees (lawyers had their own table) and was dubbed ‘the bellybutton of Durham.’ ”
— From “Durham, North Carolina: A Postcard History” by Stephen E. Massengill (1997)
This ink blotter is undated, but “Try Our 35c Lunch” seems to narrow the possibilities.